Saturday, June 12, 2010

dnE ehT:TheBeginning



I knew my 1989 Nissan Pulsar would not last forever. It just seemed like it. For 2 or 3 years, I've been researching a replacement to take me to work, 3 miles, and to the beach, 3 miles. My top 3 choices were the Zap Xero (solar electric) Truck, the Rhoadescar 4 wheel bicycle and the American Speedster Sidekick do-it-yourself kit. I chose the Sidekick because:
  1. I'm enamored by the fact that I can build it and customize it
  2. PVC doesn't rust
  3. No DMV fees
  4. Monthly gas bill = $0
  5. It's a free gym membership
  6. No parking meters at the beach, park on the sand!
  7. It's the lowest cost

Last Saturday, June 6th, the Nissan was towed away by Pick Your Part Auto Recycling. It was a sad moment. (silence please......wait...... ok) Yesterday, Friday, June 11th, I ordered the Sidekick Hardware Kit and the Bicycle Kit. So begins a new era! This blog will document the battles and celebrations of building the Sidekick and customizing it into a woody surf wagon - The DreamCycle!

And hopefully finish with improved, visual, more detailed instructions on how to build one yourself.

So our journey begins...



2 comments:

  1. LESLEY says: ...ummm...is this going to be another one of those "in the livingroom" projects?

    ReplyDelete